Every Harry Potter fan might be wondering What Is the Longest Harry Potter Book?
The longest Harry Potter book is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, with 766 pages in the US edition. It is the fifth book in the series, and it follows Harry and his friends as they deal with the return of Lord Voldemort and the Ministry of Magic’s refusal to believe the truth.
Harry Potter Book Plot Summary
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix begins with Harry having a nightmare about Voldemort. He returns to Hogwarts for his fifth year, but he is soon expelled after using magic in front of a Muggle. Harry is then tried by the Wizengamot, the wizarding court, but he is cleared of all charges.
Meanwhile, Voldemort is gathering his followers and preparing to make his move. The Ministry of Magic, led by the corrupt Cornelius Fudge, refuses to believe that Voldemort is back. This leads to the formation of the Order of the Phoenix, a secret society dedicated to fighting Voldemort.
Harry spends the rest of the year training with the Order and trying to learn more about Voldemort’s plans. He also has to deal with the growing threat of Dolores Umbridge, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who has been sent to Hogwarts by Fudge.
At the end of the book, Harry and his friends are attacked by Death Eaters at the Department of Mysteries. Harry manages to defeat Voldemort in a duel, but Sirius Black, Harry’s godfather, is killed.
Also, read – 7 Best Harry Potter Audiobooks: Magical Experience
Harry Potter Book Characters
- Harry Potter: The protagonist of the series. Harry is a young wizard who is orphaned at a young age when his parents are killed by Voldemort. Harry is known for his courage, loyalty, and determination.
- Ron Weasley: Harry’s best friend. Ron is a member of the Weasley family, a pure-blood wizarding family. Ron is known for his sense of humor, his loyalty to Harry, and his fear of spiders.
- Hermione Granger: Harry’s other best friend. Hermione is a muggle-born witch who is known for her intelligence, her love of books, and her bossiness.
- Albus Dumbledore: The headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Dumbledore is a powerful wizard and a wise leader. He is also the only wizard Voldemort fears.
- Lord Voldemort: The main antagonist of the series. Voldemort is a dark wizard who seeks to achieve immortality and rule the wizarding world. He is known for his ruthlessness, his cunning, and his lack of empathy.
Harry Potter Book Themes
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix explores a number of themes, including:
- Coming of age: Harry and his friends are now in their fifth year at Hogwarts, and they are starting to face more adult problems. They have to deal with the reality of death, the loss of loved ones, and the threat of evil.
- Power and corruption: The Ministry of Magic is corrupt under the leadership of Cornelius Fudge. Fudge is more interested in maintaining his own power than in protecting the wizarding world from Voldemort.
- Good vs. evil: Harry and the Order of the Phoenix are fighting against Voldemort and his Death Eaters. The book explores the nature of good and evil, and the importance of standing up for what is right.
Harry Potter Book Critical Reception
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was a critical and commercial success. It was praised for its complex plot, its well-developed characters, and its exploration of important themes. The book won several awards, including the Whitbread Award for Best Children’s Book and the Locus Award for Best Young Adult Novel.
Harry Potter Book FAQ
Q: What is the shortest Harry Potter book?
A: The shortest Harry Potter book is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, with a total of 223 pages.
Q: How many pages are in the Harry Potter series total?
A: There are a total of 4222 pages in the Harry Potter series, including all seven books.
Q: What is the best Harry Potter book?
A: This is a matter of opinion, but many fans consider Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix to be the best book in the series. It is a complex and well-written book that deals with some of the most important themes in the series, such as death, loss, and friendship.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is a long book, but it is also a very rewarding one. It is a complex and well-written story with well-developed characters and important themes. Fans of the Harry Potter series should definitely check out this book.